Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ultimate Reset Day 6


Where is the MAC Truck?! I'm pretty sure it found me during the night because I woke up feeling like I was coming down with a sickness. My body ached, my ear, throat and head felt all yucky. Just that bad feeling when you KNOW you're about to be sick.  Luckily it did pass within a few hours after I had my breakfast. I did do things the day before that I should not have, but I was feeling so GREAT! The driving range at the golf course and staying up late are catching up to me today.





Breakfast was just ok. I substituted the Tempeh for Tofu and cooked it the same. It wan't terrible, but not my favorite either. Just didn't hit the pot like a plate of fruit or a bowl of oatmeal does. 





Lunch was really good! The Quinoa Salad was really refreshing and delicious!! I savored every bite. I was still feeling somewhat worn down and tired, but the day had to go one. Time to pick up the kiddo and go to the BX. 






Oh man was that a MISTAKE!! Going to a Packed store with Delicious smells and sights while not feeling my best and tired. I tend to get on edge when I'm super tired and I crave Sugar badly!! Of course everyone had ice cream and coffee in their hands. I stood there imagining that I had that bowl of ice cream, but with a brownie at the bottom. I wanted some warm chocolate so bad!! It was torture, but I kept moving on. Then while in the store I walked behind a lady who had coffee. Oh the smell was so good. I realized that today is the 1st day that I've actually gone out in public where there was cooked food and had to deal with it. Whew! I had to be tough on myself. I made it out of there and home without caving.

Dinner was really good, but I'm becoming a pro at BURNING my vegetables. LOL I've been multi-tasking way to much and it didn't workout so well tonight. I hope I get to make the Roasted Roots again so I can really taste it and not burnt crisps. The Zucchini Cashew Soup was pretty good, I liked the thick filling texture.





Heading to bed early tonight, I'm definitely over today! Bring on Day 7!!




Quinoa Salad

Ingredients
  • ½ cup cooked Quinoa
  • 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • Himalayan salt or Bragg® Liquid Aminos (to taste)
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley
  • 1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh mint leaves
  • ¼ large ripe tomato, diced
  • ¼ large cucumber, peeled and diced
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped pitted Kalamata olives

Directions
Toss quinoa with olive oil, salt or Bragg Liquid Aminos, and lemon juice, mixing well. Gently fold in parsley and mint, followed by remaining ingredients. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Serves 1.



Roasted Root Medley
  • ¼ medium-sized yam, washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
  • ½ large carrot, washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
  • ½ large beet, washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
  • ¼ yellow onion, peeled and cut into large wedges
  • 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • Himalayan salt (to taste)

Directions
Preheat oven to 400° F. In a bowl, toss all ingredients together. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until tender, turning once or twice to prevent burning. Serves 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment