Friday, June 15, 2012

Ultimate Reset Day 1-14


I know! You've missed me. I got so caught up in the Reset, the cooking, the cleaning and focusing on my personal life that I decided to save it all for one really Awesome post.  I always say how great the food tastes and I can't stop now either! Week 2 was wonderful! I felt in control and really one step ahead of it all. YAY ME! I threw away the remained of my Birthday Cookie and took the rest of the week full on. I reached my goal weight and have maintained it which was very important to me.

Week 2 was honestly pretty uneventful. Every day was very much the same for my mood and energy. I was more tired through the day, but that probably had to do with a cut back in the calories from week 1.  I got lots of sleep and GOOD sleep! My body was working extra hard this week with the Detox, I really felt my tummy getting flatter, which is super hard for me to do after some very invasive C-sections and scar tissue build up. 

In week 2 you are no longer having any dairy, meet, or animal products. You are a "vegetarian". I don't like labeling the way you eat into categories like that. I'd rather say I'm on a Healthy/Clean Eating plan. I also wanted to share with you what all the supplements are that I've been taking every day. Also what each Phase is meant to do for you.  








The part I love the best about this Ultimate Reset so far is that I've been able to help my family and friends realize how easy it is to eat and choose wisely in the Busiest life setting. After Phase 3 I'll tell you more about all the events I've survived and brought my own food to. I'll also be sharing my "Day 1 and After photos". My confidence is up, my house is CLEAN, and my Body is Clean! Even my skin is evening out and smoothing!!!





I had lots of favorite dishes this week. So here are some of those recipes. Be Warned! They Are Kid Tasted AND APPROVED!! :o)



Kabocha Squash with Garlic-Tahini Filling



Ingredients
  • ¼ kabocha squash, seeds removed
  • 2 Tbsp. sesame tahini
  • 1 tsp. miso paste
  • ¼ tsp. finely chopped garlic
  • 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 400° F. Place squash on baking sheet lined with foil. Mix together tahini, miso, garlic, and oil and pour over squash; bake for 30 minutes or until squash is fork-tender. Serves 1.



Hearty Vegetable-Miso Soup


Ingredients
  • 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil or safflower oil
  • 2 Tbsp. finely chopped yellow onion
  • 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
  • 1 small carrot, cut in thin diagonal slices
  • 1 small celery stalk, cut in thin diagonal slices
  • ½ tsp. peeled and finely grated ginger
  • 2 cups water
  • ¼ cup broccoli florets
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh green beans
  • ¼ cup shredded Napa cabbage or bok choy
  • 1 Tbsp. wakame seaweed
  • ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
  • 1 Tbsp. sliced green onion
  • 1 Tbsp. miso mixed with 2 Tbsp. hot water (add more miso, to taste)

Directions
Heat oil in soup pot on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, and celery and sauté for 5 minutes until fragrant. Add water and simmer on low for 20 minutes until veggies are tender. Add broccoli, beans, cabbage, and seaweed. Stir and simmer until tender but not overcooked; broccoli and beans should remain crisp. Remove from heat and add sesame oil, green onion, and miso mixture. Serves 1.


Jaydpaul@gmail.com
Someday IS Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment