Friday, June 1, 2012

Ultimate Reset Day 5


Oh what a day! I mean that in the best way possible too! I think Day 5 was my best one yet! The day went by smooth and uneventful, just the way it should. I've figured out that it was my phone keeping me away at night, alerting with messages, etc. So last night I slept so great!!!!



Breakfast was good. I'm an oatmeal lover so all these new variations of making it have been like heaven. I've never put nuts in it and today called for toasted walnuts. Oh man! So good! I was able to take my time and really enjoy my meals today. It makes a Huge difference when you're only focused on 1 task at a time. And who better thing to do than EAT?! :o) I felt like I could have eaten much more, but I only served myself what was called for. Turns out come lunch time I wasn't even hungry. I even waited a few more hours to eat lunch and struggled to eat it all. Of course it was delish!! 


Oatmeal with Toasted Walnuts & a little maple syrup and fruit.




Lots of veggies with hummus & Quinoa Salad (SO refreshing!)


I was feeling so awesome that I decided to take my son out for some fun activities. (Also his reward for good behavior in school for the month). We ended up at the Driving Range and hit a bucket of balls together. The sun was shining and it was hot, but man did it feel great to be out and about!






Since we were out for so long I missed my snack time, which ended up pushing dinner WAY to late for me. I stuck to the plan anyways. I had the Stir-Fry veggies again with rice and Miso Soup. Mmm MM good!  Well, you know you can't go to bed right after eating so I stayed up late, watched a movie and got to chat with my husband. I'd say it was worth it. :)






5 days in and I'm feeling awesome! Energized, tighter, less bloated, happy. :)  Oh and that whole Shakeology as a snack worked it's magic. YAY! No wonder I felt super amazing today! 







Ingredients
  • ½ cup cooked Quinoa
  • 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • Himalayan salt or Bragg® Liquid Aminos (to taste)
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley
  • 1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh mint leaves
  • ¼ large ripe tomato, diced
  • ¼ large cucumber, peeled and diced
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped pitted Kalamata olives

Directions
Toss quinoa with olive oil, salt or Bragg Liquid Aminos, and lemon juice, mixing well. Gently fold in parsley and mint, followed by remaining ingredients. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Serves 1.

Nutrition
  • 270 calories
  • 18 g fat
  • 2.5 g saturated fat
  • 0 mg cholesterol
  • 135 mg sodium
  • 25 g carbohydrate
  • 4 g fiber
  • 5 g protein
  • 254 mg potassium

No comments:

Post a Comment