Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes

One thing I absolutely Love is breakfast! Literally, I wake up in the morning and the first thing I think of is coffee & checking my meal plan for todays meal of the day. I get pretty excited about it and actually wake up early to make sure I have time to cook & eat before taking my son to school and getting my workout done for the day.

My plan was for some coconut pancakes, but since I don't have coconut flour I decided to sway from the plan a little adding in more protein and less carbs for the meals. With all honestly I love my oat pancakes WAY MORE and this recipe was perfectly balanced and delicious!

Let me know how you like them. Catch me on facebook or IG @mommyfied.





Ingredients :
1/4c Oats - old fashioned (I tossed in the vitamix & turned into Oat Flour)
1 whole egg
3-4 egg whites
1 scoop protein powder (I used Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl - you could use vanilla whey or if you're looking to go BIG the Hard Core Base Shake from Beachbody and sprinkle with cinnamon)
1/2 chopped apple

Toss everything into the blender after the oats are in powder form. Blend until mixed.
The batter will be fluffy & light.
Spray your pan with some Olive Oil and cook.

Calories :382
Carbs :28g
Protein :48g

adapted from blogilates.com

No comments:

Post a Comment